Wednesday, March 16, 2011

150th Post

Today I was going to do something about history, ie. what might have been going on on March 15th, 1861.



Then I found out that it was the American Civil War. That dampened my enthusiasm for the historical angle a bit. When I typed the date Wednesday, March 15th in though, before I got to the 1861 part something mildly interesting and some would say historical came up. It seems in 2006 that was the day Starbucks coffee shops chose to give away free coffee. How's that for historical, huh? LOL.



The dates seem to change from year to year but the event which does in fact seem to be yearly appears to always happen in March.



Carmen



P.S. Just a note on the "short and sweet" nature of this post. Leave it to me to have a number of huge posts on lesser things and a mini post on history.



P.P.S. One that ends up being on Starbucks no less! And no I am not being compensated. LOL.



The C.A.T.

2 comments:

  1. Why did the fact that March 15th 1861 was the American civil war bother you?

    Did you know that they invented Peanut butter in the american civil war?

    Good idea by the way, and congrats on your 150th post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't bother me so much as (I'm embarrassed to say) it bored me.

    It -is- interesting about the peanut butter thing though so I'm glad I mentioned it. I don't eat peanut butter much but I love it when I do. It's so nice and filling. Very stick-to-your-ribs food. LOL.

    Thanks alot for your comment. I haven't been getting a lot lately. I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a nice comment. I l-o-v-e comments. Thank you. The Management!