Wednesday, June 30, 2010

50 Followers - Well, Almost

Today (more on that later), I have some more exciting (to me) news. I am "officially" at 48 followers. Now some of you may be wondering why I didn't just save this news till I actually hit 50.

The reason for that is because I don't know when I'll hit the magic 5-0 and 48 is so close especially when it dove-tails with the other milestone I just mentioned yesterday of reaching my 75th post.

In a "brief" aside, I italicized yesterday because as I said in my first words of this post 'Today (more on that later)' my best laid plans to post at exactly 1:00am today were foiled by a "blogger glitch".

It time-stamps the original "save now" and the actual time on the post as two different times.

These times are only one to two minutes apart but it makes a difference when you are as "anal" about patterns and "parallelism" as I am. I wanted all my posts to be on the same day since they would basically be anyway. Oh well.

Deep calming breaths. LOL.

Well, so much for a brief aside as well. Anyway, back to my exciting news about my new followers. I picked up these followers in two different places. There should have been more (the exact fifty?) from a third place but that was not to be.

The first place, where I got 1 of my new followers is, oddly enough, the AAYSR site that I mentioned last post. I was reading some reviews there and clicked on her blog because of a funny post they mentioned while dissing the rest of her site.

I went on to leave a (nice) comment on the particular funny post in question because it was truly one of the funniest things I've read in a while and the lady whose blog it was - Nilu - was kind enough to check me out and also follow me.

The second place, where I got 3 of my new followers is one that is a secret. That is because I want to unveil the information that goes with telling you all about that site on my birthday in October! Yes, October.

It is a long ways away, but I think it is worth the wait because (perhaps it's just more analness on my part) my birthday is the same day as a special day for this particular group and this group is very important to me and plays a large part in who I am.

So, I will basically leave it at this - I have added Zane Rainne, Shelle (Nora) and Deaf Blind (Nika) from that group. Oh, and because the group is a largish one I have hopes of adding some more from there.

The third place, the one that was the non-starter as far as giving me any followers even though I had high hopes for it was the blog interviewer site I mentioned in a previous post. Well, maybe at some future point.

One can hope.

Carmen

P.S. I will not bother to add the links to the new followers who have blogs - Nilu and Deaf Blind (Nika) because I can't autolink yet.

When I can I will edit them in or instead do a listing of all the blogs up until that time that I wanted to give from the beginning of this problem.

The C.A.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a nice comment. I l-o-v-e comments. Thank you. The Management!