Friday, March 12, 2010

Books & Blogs

Today is by necessity a short post day. Am off to visit a friend for a "standing date". I spent most of the day reading or on the computer but put off blogging which doesn't exactly mesh with the idea of frequent posting.

Basically the day was spent much like the last several. As I said mostly reading (actual books)and also browsing the Yahoo and MSN news sites, checking in at my sites (Twitter, Facebook, a quick check of Multiply [still seems pointless!]and my latest two, goodreads.com and webs.com) and reading from the multitude of blogs I follow.

More about goodreads and webs later when I have more time. I will quickly say though that I am pretty excited to have joined them. I have 1 friend on goodreads already and on webs I am "following" one site (not sure how I added it though so until I figure that out it will be my only site - LOL).

The books I am reading are varied and I finished 2 (both about blogging) in one sitting and one immediately after the other. The first book was just a short little one called No One Cares What You Had For Lunch: 100 Ideas For Your Blog and the second (much larger one) was The Huffington Post Complete Guide To Blogging.

Both were very good and gave me even more ideas for blogging than my infamous 7+ page idea list that I still have to get around to using. LOL. The Huffington Post book was the more useful/better of the two books though I think. I know I will definitely be re-reading them both, especially The Huffington Post one.

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a nice comment. I l-o-v-e comments. Thank you. The Management!